This blog talks about the stunning health benefits of peanuts, that upon reading, will prompt you to be more sophisticated and proactive about your diet.
Buckle up, Captain!
Ironically peanuts- as the name suggests- do not come from the nuts family.
In fact, they are classified … or simply put forward, have a close relationship with the legume species such as the lentils and soybeans.
Well, this establishes the fact that like soybean and lentils, peanuts are also extremely rich in protein.
But before we start this journey of deciphering the health benefits of peanuts- that too in incredible detail- let’s have a tiny look at the history of peanuts.
The first peanut plant is likely to be cultivated in South America and it dates back to about 3500-4000 years back.
Quite surprisingly, people since then have been using peanuts for the same purposes we use them nowadays.
Let’s dig deep into this topic!
Peanuts are densely packed bombs of nutrition. Even a handful of them can get you going for the day.
They are rich in nutrients like- protein, fats, Vitamin E, magnesium, copper, and various others.
Specifically, peanuts are well-known suppliers of proteins and fats.
However, the fats in peanuts have a better inclination toward healthier fats that serve many big health benefits such as maintaining or even reducing your cholesterol levels.
However, the general idea of peanuts possessing the ultimate formula of healthiness is very much correct and can be understood by the following list;
5 Stunning Health Benefits Of Peanuts
Peanuts are not only consumed in their raw form but also, in roasted and peanut butter form.
Peanut butter offers the same benefits as peanuts and is explicitly good for you.
- Weight Loss:- Being rich in protein and fats, peanuts are incredible satiating foods and make you feel full just at the right time and right quantity. Research data claims that peanuts have the superior potential of helping you lose weight if eaten in moderation every single day.
- Nutritional Importance:- As already mentioned, peanuts are densely packed bombs of nutrition. Including them in your daily diet will help you cover up for a wide variety of the essential nutrients your body needs for its proper functioning.
- Heart Health:- The ‘healthy fats’ peanuts contain serve a significantly higher purpose. Being unsaturated in nature, these fats are significant contributors to heart health as they assist substantially in lowering the body’s cholesterol levels.
- Extended Life Span:– If you are eating not only peanuts but nuts in general on a regular basis, then congratulations, you’ll live longer than people who don’t consume any of the nuts. Observational data and experiments have outlined the positive effects of peanuts on aging.
- Diabetic Alleviation:- Peanuts are proudly known to cause the lowest insulin spikes in whosoever consumes them. This is brilliant and optimistic for people suffering from diabetes, who upon eating anything experience its ill effects within seconds.
Alongside these, peanuts also serve additional benefits like- possessing anti-inflammatory chemicals and even cancer prevention.
Just like there are 2 sides to a coin, similarly, peanut’s health benefits are always accompanied by one very disturbing fact … and it has caused dreadful chaos in specific people’s life. And that disturbing fact is none other than, the ‘Peanut Allergy’.
Not everything is as beautiful as it is portrayed. The major contributor to annual food allergy-related deaths is peanuts only.
So, before trying out a new recipe you just saw on the reels, consult a doctor and find out whether you are free from any peanut allergy or not.
Ways To Include Peanuts In Your Diet
You can be as creative as you want to be with this awesome nut.
Sprinkle it either raw, with or without its skin, roasted, or even consumed in the form of peanut butter with bread and jam.
Here’s how you can effortlessly use peanuts in your diet;
- Add it over poha
- Use it in bakery items
- Use peanut butter to make smoothies
- Spread over bread and enjoy a good snack
- Use it to garnish your fresh vegetable salad
Adding peanuts to your diet will be the wisest step you’ll ever take for your health.
Thank you for reading this post. If you enjoyed this, you’ll definitely enjoy the other ones, here!